Back when I was doing Wii Fit, I learned their modified version of the Sun Salutation. It's a nice way to start my mind and body each day. I even started adding in my own personal affirmations. Here they are along side the notes on movements.
- Inhale as you bring your hands together.
"I begin my day with calm and focus."
- Then stretch up, reach as high as you can, and feel your spine lengthen.
"I reach up to the heavens for warmth and inspiration."
- While keeping your balance steady lean backwards slightly and feel your abdomen and spine stretch.
"I lean back into the positive, easy, abundant flow of my life."
- As you slowly exhale bend forward and touch your toes, empty your lungs completely and hold for a moment.
"I reach down to stay grounded with my faith and values."
- Slowly inhale again as you squat. Keep your spine straight as you bend your legs and then slowly raise your arms.
"I rise up to growth and possibilities of each new day."